Old January 1st 04, 03:13 AM
robbie

Default Good Indo on Decks, Boots, and Bindings??

On 01 Jan 2004 02:54:37 GMT, unists (Barry
Dinglehopper) wrote:

Im looking into buying a snowboard in the next few days. Ive been riding on and
off for a few years now and I would say I'm pretty decent. I want to get more
into park riding, but I would still like a board that can perfrom well on
downhill, in powder, etc... Right now im looking at burton's because i've
always known them to be some of the better boards. Anyone have any other ideas?
Im definitely getting strap-in bindings as clickins are a joke for freestyle
riding. Right now as far as
bindings go, im leaning toward the Burton "mission"'s. As for a deck and
boots, i'm not quite sure. What variables should I look for in a deck,
bindings, and boots? I've heard some talk about "flex", and I understand that
how much a board flexes has a bunch to do with its freestyle capabilities. All
in all, I am an intermediate rider looking to gain knowledge on riding before i
simmer down and buy a board soon. Do you guys know of any good deals on good
products lately?

I appreciate your help,

tal

---------------------
This post is for entertainment purposes only.

I like technine pro model bindings, reasonable price, lifetime
warranty, comfortable, responsive and great customer service. Burton
is overpriced IMO. I get T9 pros for $120-125.

Boots - get a pair that fit your foot the best. Don't say I want a
particular brand, it may be really terrible and uncomfortable on the
slopes.

Boards, there are a ton of boards out there. Ride, Salomon,
Rossignol, Donek, Never Summer. All make good boards. Burton is the
biggest name, not necessarily the best. Go to the manufacturer sites
and do some research. An All-mountain board would do fine, something
versatile as you want to ride everywhere.

E-bay has great deals on prior years and current year boards. I buy
all my boards off e-bay and either keep them or sell them to friends.

Good luck,

Robbie