Old December 6th 03, 08:11 PM
brent parker

Default What is a good size board for me??

Hi John,

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the information. That will be very
helpful. I'd like to go to my local ski shop and have them tell me that, but I
would feel bad, because that's not where I'll buy my board--too expensive for
a college student. I know a friend who has a brother with a connection to Ride
snowboards. I have heard good things about them, and I'm probably going to get
one of the lower end to mid range boards. I still have some shopping around to
do . . . And yes I have only gone snowboarding once.
Thanks again,
Brent Parker

hey brent, when i bought my first board i was almost exactly the same size
as you (the only difference was that my boot size was a 12). a board that
comes up to your chin should be about a 163 or so, and that's what i'd go
with. i bought a k2 trucker 163 wide back about 4 years ago. it's a
big-ass board, but you'll need that with your height and especially your
foot size - nothing ruins a day on the piste like toe drag or heel drag. so
that's my recommendation - about a 160-163 length, and at least a 26 cm
waist. another board that might be good for you is the one i just bought
last week. it's a k2 satellite wide 158. they have a longer satellite too,
maybe a 161 or so. if you choose to buy that board, i'd go with the 161 or
whatever it is, because it sounds like you're a beginner, and a longer board
will offer more stability. hope this helps...

-john

"brent parker" wrote in message
Hello,

I was wondering what a good size board would be . . . I am 6'2" and weigh

160
lbs. The size that comes up to my chin would be about 169cm. I wear a size
11.5 shoe. They say lighter riders should buy a smaller board. Would that
apply to me?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Think SNOW!!
--Brent