Old December 19th 03, 12:01 PM
Roger

Default Crunch time - should we stay or should we go...

"Simon Watkins" wrote in message ...
Need to make a decision by lunch-time today. We are booked from tomorrow
fpr a week in La Plagne. Thanks for previous replies a few days ago. So
far, apartment and ferry booking have cost £540 odd but if we go to La
Plagne to ski, it's going to cost us in the order of a further £800-£900 in
lift passes for my family, equipment hire, fuel, tolls etc + spending money.

As much as it breaks my heart to kiss goodbye to the £540 odd that we'll
lose by not driving down for our trip, is the skiing at La Plagne over the
next week going to be of suffiicient quality to justify a further £1000
investment? My gut feeling is not - very few runs open at the moment, some
very cold weather forecast next week, but no significant snow according to
snow-forecast.com. However they are showing 6 cm on Saturday night, and 5cm
on Sunday night - enough to open up the resort?

Decisions decisions!

Simon

Simon

Go!!!

I couldn't bear chucking away what you've spent already and even if
the snow's not great you can still have a great holiday.

And as for snow-forecast.com - I've learnt to totally ignore it as
it's completely unreliable but I'd concur that snow's on its way at
the w/e - http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack1a.html