Old December 19th 03, 07:15 AM
wedderburne

Default Crunch time - should we stay or should we go...

"Simon Watkins" wrote in message
| Need to make a decision by lunch-time today. We are booked from
tomorrow
| fpr a week in La Plagne. Thanks for previous replies a few days ago.
So
| far, apartment and ferry booking have cost £540 odd but if we go to La
| Plagne to ski, it's going to cost us in the order of a further
£800-£900 in
| lift passes for my family, equipment hire, fuel, tolls etc + spending
money.

| As much as it breaks my heart to kiss goodbye to the £540 odd that
we'll
| lose by not driving down for our trip, is the skiing at La Plagne over
the
| next week going to be of suffiicient quality to justify a further
£1000
| investment? My gut feeling is not - very few runs open at the moment,
some
| very cold weather forecast next week, but no significant snow
according to
| snow-forecast.com. However they are showing 6 cm on Saturday night,
and 5cm
| on Sunday night - enough to open up the resort?
|
| Decisions decisions!

Depends what you need, skiing levels, etc

..... yesterday there was a claimed 75 cms with 15cms at resort level.
Will have an update in next hour or so but just a couple of cms
overnight, won't have made much difference. Cannons have been going
strong last night in Les Arcs, as in La Plagne no doubt. 32/109 lifts,
25/128 runs open (but just 4 reds and no blacks).

As you're mobile you could always spend a day or two in Espace Killy,
45/50 mins drive.

Pete