Old July 31st 03, 05:45 PM
FredB

Default Ski carrier advice

Thanks for the advice.

It would mainly be for planes & car travel to the airport. When I drive out, I just
put them in the back of the car

Ta
Andy

Ace wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:11:57 +0100, FredB
wrote:

I have my own skis. What is best ski bags or ski cases (hard) ?

NB we'll be carrying 2 sets of skis, so a double case would be of use.

Any advice grateful ......

You don't say what you need it for - car travel, trains, aeroplanes?
So there's a few variables to consider...

I tend to drive everywhere nowadays, but a few years back we bought a
Snow&Rock own brand double ski bag, with wheels at one end. It's a
soft bag, with one hard end, IYSWIM, where the wheels are mounted and
(surprisingly) a handle on the other end as well as in the middle.

It's big enough to take 2* skis & boots, and even ski suits if you
pack it well, although it had a tendency for the wheeled end to shift
round if not (well packed) and rub on the ground as you're trying to
wheel it.

--
Ace in Alsace - bruce dot rogers at roche dot com
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk