Old January 3rd 05, 03:36 PM
Walt

Clint wrote:
rec.skiing snipped

I'm not sure if anybody else gets this problem after skiing but I find that
my lower parts of my shins itch after skiing. It doesn't itch right away
but does so anywhere from about 6 to 24 hours later. I'm not sure if this
is an allergic reaction to ski socks, long underwear, something in my boots
or what. Has anyone else either experienced this problem and/or know of the
cause?

Yeah, I usually start to itch about a day after skiing. The itching
gets worse and worse with every passing day that I don't ski. As of
right now, it's been seven days since I skied last, and it feels like an
army of locusts has laid eggs under my skin and there are a million
larvae crawling around. But I'm sure most people here know the feeling.

Seriously, though, what you're experiencing is probably just dry skin
that has been abraded where your shins contact your boot. If you're
pressuring the tongues of your boots properly, you've probably noticed
that all the hair has been worn away there as well. That's normal.

Try using some hand lotion on the area, and be glad that you still have
your toenails.

--
//-Walt
//