Old February 23rd 04, 10:45 PM
The Real Bev

Default Whatever happened to Jeff Davis?

lal_truckee wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

Walt wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:

bdubya wrote:

I much prefer the 1966 Decca release (studio version). Of course,
that was Them, with Van on vocals, so it's sort of an unfair
comparison...

Who are, what are Them?

The Who aren Apostrophe t Them.

As long as we're off on the tangent of obscure counter-cultural
references, does anyody remember the Firesign Theatre record where they
did the spoof of the "Who's on First Routine" with actual band names
instead of fictitious baseball players? I don't remember them using
"Them", but IIRC they worked The Who, The Guess Who, The Band, and Yes
into the routine. I haven't heard it in 30 years or so, so my
recollection may be hazy.

But to answer the question, "Them" is a novel by Joyce Carol Oates,
which unfortunately contains no skiing content whatsoever.

Is that the one with Peter Graves and the giant nucleated ants living in
the Los Angeles storm drains near the LA River?

Oops. Should have read further. Yes to Aunties, no to Graves.
Flamethrowers anonymous got a big boost from this one.

For some reason I believe that Peter Graves made ALL those cool sci-fi
movies :-(

ObSki: Looks like it's going to snow like crazy this week - everybody
pile in the family wheels and head on up.

Here too, but they insist on chains. Not without reason, we even have
trouble with rain around here :-(

--
Cheers,
Bev