Old February 12th 04, 04:01 PM
Walt

Default Good day skiing closish to New York/Boston?

Greg Hilton wrote:

I asked this question last year and ended up heading to Mount Snow, where I
had a good time despite the bitter cold.

so same question again, Who has good conditions within a similiar drive
time as Mount Snow? Last year it took me a touch under 5 hours with one
stop for coffee. I will only get one days skiing in.

I could fly into either Boston or New York, but need to head back to
Trumbull, CT on the evening after I ski...so would want to be within say a
4 or 5 hour drive of there.

I mostly ski Europe, off-piste and difficult runs, so am after
anything good and reasonably challenging

Will you be arriving on a weekday or a weekend? Slopes tend to be
crowded in that highly populated part of the country, so crowds will
play a huge factor on where to recommend. There are some places that you
just don't want to be at on a Saturday or Sunday. Unsurprisingly, these
are the ones that will be most convenient for your drive.

--
//-Walt
//