Old October 22nd 03, 04:10 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

Default Designer drug doping disaster?

Earlier today, our national media reported of an expected future, but still
rather imminent, huge doping scandal in particularly US and UK athletics,
because new methods of testing have shown clear presence of a brand new
designer drug called something like THC or THK in numerous blood and/or urin
samples taken from especially US athletes during the last Athletics World
Championships earlier this year. But the only individual who has been named
so far, is a very famous UK sprinter, but I do not remember his name just
now. Some say here that this might ultimately disqualify all US athletes
from participating in the Olympic Summer Games in Athens, Greece, next year.
This is of course the "worst case scenario", and could very likely happen to
some UK athletes, too, obviously.