Old August 25th 09, 03:42 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

Default Waxing workbench

On Aug 24, 6:43*pm, "JQ" wrote:
"RogueIT" wrote in message

I like to wax my skis in the middle of the trip and often I do not
have a place to work.
Can you all tell me what you put your skis on to wax them?
I have seen stands and clamps, but didn't know if some people had a
MacGyver type workbench they throw together.

Thanks,
Rogue

I *use two chairs or a chair & the bed and place a used sheet under the skis
to catch the wax.
I do not scrape the wax off I let the first run do that for me, work every
time and saves time.

Too damn much work. Carry enough gear as it is.
I take along one of those handy dandy edge tuners, a stone, a small
file, and some toko fluid wax, but rarely seem to need to touch my
skis up (taking three pair tends to help). End up using the stuff to
help others out when I get tired of waiting on them, or notice they
are bouncing all over the harder snow.
If I really get desperate, most hills have a handy on mountain
entrepreneur who will toss a wax job on for five bucks or so.
Don't remember the last time I actually used one, but I sure have
dragged people there after they come to complete stops on cat tracks
while I merrily sail along.

Two Buddha

Vail: Waxless skiing