Old August 24th 09, 07:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default Waxing workbench

RogueIT wrote:
I like to wax my skis in the middle of the trip and often I do not
have a place to work.
Can you all tell me what you put your skis on to wax them?
I have seen stands and clamps, but didn't know if some people had a
MacGyver type workbench they throw together.

Layout newspaper (if such still exists - you may need a small tarp) and
span the skis from chair to chair, or chair to bed/table/tv
stand/dresser; plug in iron and wax away. No problem - why make this
stuff difficult?

If you meant base work, ptex, filing etc, my ski clamps would clamp onto
the metal railings of the cheap motels I always preferred on ski trips
(so as to minimize cost to time on skis ratio.) Made a fine ad-hoc work
bench for last minute race tuning.