Old August 24th 09, 06:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Default Waxing workbench

RogueIT wrote:
I like to wax my skis in the middle of the trip and often I do not
have a place to work.
Can you all tell me what you put your skis on to wax them?
I have seen stands and clamps, but didn't know if some people had a
MacGyver type workbench they throw together.

I am not fortunate enough to take trips that are long enough that my
skis need a hot wax before I go back home. I haven't found seven or
eight days without a wax to be a problem.

I do sometimes carry a can of TOKO paint-on wax and put that on at the
end of the day. Unless you're racing and trying to eke out the extra
millisecond, it's good enough for between-wax applications.

Or you can just pay the $20 or so for a wax and tune.

//Walt