Old December 6th 06, 09:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Florian Anwander

Default Best Web Sites for Snow Reports in Alps, Dolomites

Hi Peer

I'll be in Munich next week and have two weeks before the Christmas
crush to ski.

Sitting in Munich: At the moment there is green fields.

Glacierresorts in Austria and on Zugspitze are opened. I was mid of
november in Stubai and it was fine on piste. Offpiste was close to nothing.
I don't expect skiable snow before Xmas in the lower regions.

I usually don't rely on the reports of the resorts, but prefer the
scientifically measured snowheights from the Bavarian and Austrian
avalanche services:

For bavaria
data:
http://www.lawinenwarndienst-bayern....onen/index.php
interactive map with measuring points:
http://www.lawinenwarndienst-bayern....aten/index.php

For Austria:
all regions:
http://www.lawine.at

interactive map with measuring stations
http://www.lawine.at/tirol/index.html?id=4

Data:
maps with snow heights:
http://www.lawine.at/tirol/index.html?id=23
http://homes.tiscover.com/RGN16at/la...oads/daten.gif
(these seems to be not available at the moment)

(Of course these are not measured on piste, but the values give a more
precise image how good the snow will be.