Old January 10th 05, 04:14 AM
PG

"Champ" wrote in message
| On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 21:23:40 +0100, "PG"
| wrote:
|
| Back on the subject of helmets, my 12 year old watched a shot of
Baxter
| on Ski Sunday in the slalom, and was disgusted that he wasn't wearing
| helmet - ok it wasn't a speed discipline, but they really can
travel...

| She was disgusted? That a grown mad could make his own judgement on
| what precautions to take for his own life? See, this is what happens
| when we insist that kids wear helmets....

She was disgusted with what she saw as the example she felt was being
set, actually. A pretty mature position to hold for a youngster,
certainly beats jumping to conclusions about the motives/thinking of
others as you've just done!

And the comfort factor in the slowest of the speed disciplines was the
main motivator here, very little to do with judgment about the
precautions to be taken.

Pete