Old December 8th 04, 04:26 AM
Hank Sniadoch

One more reply .... if your girlfriend handled the greens and blues at
Steamboat, she'll have no problem with Vail.

Vail has groomed trails on one side of their ridge, bowls which
intermediates can ski on the other side of the ridge, and then ungroomed
powder on the second ridge which is called Blue Sky Basin ..... I don't
recommend you ski Blue Sky Basin ..... but you could possibly do the bowls

The nice thing about Vail is you can get to the top and decide whether you
want to ski the bowls or turn around and stay with the groomed trails .....
"Sean" wrote in message
link.net...
Hi all,

Could any of you that have spent time at Steamboat and Vail shed some
light
on how the blues at each compare? I have heard that Steamboat blue trails
would be green at most of the other slopes in CO. I'm taking the
girlfriend
to Vail in a couple of weeks and she is crossing the line between beginner
and intermediate skiier- she had no problems with the blues at Steamboat,
but if a
Vail blue is a little tougher I'd like to line her up with a lesson on day
one. (Neither of us have been to Vail)

Also, for those that have ridden Vail - are the back bowls for the extreme
boarders or could an intermediate level rider handle the terrain?

Thanks for your help,

Sean