Old July 25th 03, 12:11 AM
Chet Hayes

Default Vail on the cheap

If you're going to Vail, I suggest staying in Frisco. It's right on
the highway, about 40 mins east of Vail, 10 mins to Coppermountain,
Breckenridge, and Keystone. The Holiday Inn there is nice, has indoor
pool and spa. I stayed there for $65 in JAn, $75 in Mar. That way
you can do several places.

In my opinion, Copper or Breck are equal to or better than Vail.
There are other lodging alternatives in the Frisco/Dillon area too.
And while you're their be sure to check out Gart Sports in Dillon.
They have incredible deals on clothing, gear, etc.

(Frank L Lynn) wrote in message . com...
"George W. Bush" wrote in message .3.44...
The terrain just looks awesome... Especially the back bowls and that one
far out area... I like the idea of having mostly intermediate rather than
expert slopes... Especially glades. It lets you just have fun cruising.
I've read in numerous places that the fall lines and terrain at vail are
particularly well suited for snowboarding.

Why would you want to go to Vail? That's where all the yuppies go.

Steamboat & Heavenly are nice, I'd also suggest Crested Butte.

I also am looking to go to vail, somewhat cheap. Has anybody stayed
in the Apollo Park Lodge? Its on the outskirts of the village, and
its cheaper, but looks like it may be a walk. Is it worth staying in?
I would rather spend a few bucks more and stay in the Vail area, for
my wife. Any other suggestions or recommendations? Also, if we are
going to hang in Vail for the whole time (just 4 or 5 days), do we
need a car from denver, or just take a shuttle? How are the roads, do
you need a 4x4? Thanks in advance.

Tahoe, there are a lot better places than Heavenly. Stay in
south shore, (stateline is fun) and then if the weather is decent,
head over to Kirkwood, or around the lake to Squaw Valley. Heavenly
is good, but way too yuppie.