Old November 14th 03, 01:15 PM
Walt

Default Mount Bindings

Sven Golly wrote:

I didn't mean to imply that the customer is indemnified.

Without indemnification, the shop can't get ANY insurance which would pay
for a claim. You're right about the lawyers but if you do the work
yourself, you won't get a dime if you screw up.

You could always sue yourself. And since you're not indemnified, you
might have a good chance of winning, or at least settling out of court.

Ok, I wrote the paragraph above as a joke, but this guy's mounting the
binding for somebody else (his son), so it's not actually that far
fetched that his son or the kid's mother could sue him for negligence.
And he's not indemnified.

IMHO, the risks of self-install outweigh the gains (= dinner for 2 at a
nice restaurant).

yup.

--
//-Walt