Old January 22nd 04, 09:04 PM
Spiff

Default Seven Springs comes through/New gear!

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 00:15:15 -0500, "Joe Ramirez"
wrote:

So, we are set to continue, and will no longer have the excuse of
recalcitrant equipment if we screw up. g I would describe my son's
current attitude toward snowboarding as unenthusiatic but coaxable, which
may describe much of a 14-year-old's outlook on life, come to think of it.

Oh, and the shop we bought from is organizing a great trip to Lake Louise
and Banff in early April. It's super cheap and includes four nights at the
Chateau Lake Louise and three at the Banff Springs Hotel. We gawked at, but
did not stay in, both those resorts when we were in Alberta ten years ago.
My wife is seriously interested in joining this expedition -- this could be
the one part of the snowboarding experience that she will really enjoy!

Joe Ramirez

Good job Joe...my only bit of advice would have been to buy the best
boots you could afford and either rent a board or buy at the end of
the season when they tend to blow out gear for a lot cheaper...
Chances are you wont outgrow the boots, but will the bindings and
board...
Its awesome out here in Alberta...Since you are going in the winter
time, its alot cheaper for accomodations (its considered the
off-season..haha).
I was out at Lk Louise last weekend...not bad conditions...a base of
only about 3ft but enough to keep things buried...Dont count on being
able to board some of the black diamond runs due to the thin snow
cover...
Banff Springs and Chateau Lk Louise...you must be royalty...

Spiff