Old February 25th 11, 09:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Neil

Default Which Ski Marathon?

Thanks for the suggestions but I live in Europe. One issue is snow. I would
not like to train up for a race in the Jura's or the Czech republic where I
no the snow is not guaranteed.

"Neil" wrote in message ...

Dear All,
I am talking myself into doing a ski marathon. I thought I had outgrown that
stage of my life. I would be interested in trying something like 50K. As a
geriatric non-scandavian the only place I will be competing for is last
place. From what I have heard that you do not necessarily get a good ski on
these races. 700 hundred competitors ahead of you have churned up the snow,
bottlenecks, etc.. Am I correct in thinking this? Could anyone suggest a
race that would be relatively quiet.
Thanks,
Neil