Old August 29th 16, 04:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Ski gear cleanout

On Monday, August 29, 2016 at 8:52:08 AM UTC-7, The Real Bev wrote:
On 08/28/2016 05:57 PM, lal_truckee wrote:
Hard to let so much good gear go. We had an actual foundation put
under our cabin a decade or so back - before that it was sitting on
two foot diameter logs cut on the property to make room for the
cabin. Anyway, clearing the under cabin, I came up with over 50 pairs
of mounted skies, every single pair irreplaceable, and each
guaranteed to be needed immediately I let them go. Kept 10 pairs of
vital sliding surfaces, and my Raichle parts boots. It may be time
for another clean out.

I got rid of the cruft maybe 5 years ago, but I kept my first skis
(Hexcel orange) and some extra poles. Since then I've accumulated
several pair of decent boots and some nice jackets (yard sales) that I'm
going to take to Play It Again when they bring their ski stuff out. I'm
keeping my new boots, my old boots, and the duplicate pair of old boots
(absolute virgins, also yard sale) just in case I stop being able to
bend my toes enough to get into my new boots.

On 8/28/16 4:44 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
the boots I bought at the consignment shop in Truckee (and which I
refurbished a while back by sewing new velcro strips onto the top
closer straps).

I need to update my velcro straps. Did you use a sewing machine? and
how did it stand up to the density and thickness of your straps?

I used a staple gun and hammered the legs flat.

--
Cheers, Bev
Of course SoCal has four seasons:

Where were you with the staple gun idea when I needed it?