Old August 29th 16, 04:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Ski gear cleanout

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 5:57:23 PM UTC-7, lal_truckee wrote:
Hard to let so much good gear go.
We had an actual foundation put under our cabin a decade or so back -
before that it was sitting on two foot diameter logs cut on the property
to make room for the cabin. Anyway, clearing the under cabin, I came up
with over 50 pairs of mounted skies, every single pair irreplaceable,
and each guaranteed to be needed immediately I let them go. Kept 10
pairs of vital sliding surfaces, and my Raichle parts boots. It may be
time for another clean out.

On 8/28/16 4:44 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
the boots I bought at the consignment shop in Truckee (and which I refurbished a while back by sewing new velcro strips onto the top closer straps).

I need to update my velcro straps. Did you use a sewing machine? and how
did it stand up to the density and thickness of your straps?

I did it by hand with a really big needle. It took more than an hour for the first boot, and I had to wait a couple of days before tackling the second because my fingers hurt. I got the material (velcro strips, big needle, and nylon thread) at the local sewing stuff store.

One of the things I left in the tool box was a plastic bag with needle and thread to patch up those little tears that happen on clothing from time to time.