Old August 9th 04, 10:00 PM
Marty

Default Closest ski area to Colorado Springs?

"TCS" wrote in message
If Loveland pass is open, doesn't A-Basin come in second?
And, from memory, if Berthoud is open, isn't Winter Park closer than
Breckenridge?
C.

Here is a list, to the nearest 5 miles.

Mileage from Colorado Springs to nearby Ski Areas:

115 Breckenridge

120 Loveland

125 Winter Park

125 A-Basin

130 Copper Mtn

130 Keystone

130 Monarch

140 Ski Cooper

150 Vail

I believe that I previously indicated that Loveland was the closest. It

is
closer in Time rather than Miles. All freeway all the way - and no

mountain
passes to cross. However, Breckenridge is all two-lane road with one

minor
and one major pass to cross.

My favorite was always Ski Broadmoor. About 5 miles.

Ski Broadmoor? Is/was that a small ski area in CO? I'm interested in these
smaller areas - or what is left of them. Are there many? Another that you
mentioned was Cuchara Valley.

Thanks!
--
Marty