Old December 16th 03, 01:00 PM
Bill Seddon

Default conditions Tarentaise

"PG" wrote in message
Sunny weather until Friday forecasted, warming up considerably
from tomorrow (

Les Arcs: 0 cms at 1100m, 50cms at the top, domain 9% open only
(worse than neighbouring La Plagne). Just 10/117 runs, 7/57 lifts
open.

Not much better in the 3V, tho I hear Courchevel has managed to
open a few more pistes....

eg Meribel is 12% open, 2cms at 1400m, 64cm at 2952m.

This info updated this morning.....

Pete

Is it possible they are saving stuff for the busier weeks? I know the snow
is pretty thin, but even when a perfect cover I've skied this time of year
and only a few lifts were open in Tignes due to the number of people there.
Still plenty skiing though. Is anyone out there actually skiing at the
moment? It can't be all that bad. Where would you recommend in Tarentaise.

the ever optimistic snow forecast dot com has some down for Sunday, and
Meteo France has some for Saturday, so it may be ok for when I get the skis
on on monday.

Bill