Old August 23rd 04, 02:48 PM
Marty

"TCS" wrote in message
Ski Broadmoor? Is/was that a small ski area in CO? I'm interested in

these
smaller areas - or what is left of them. Are there many? Another that

you
mentioned was Cuchara Valley.

(Sorry for the delay - I was on vacation)

Lost ski areas is my hobby. How many would you like to hear about?

I'm interested.

Colorado there were over 100. How about Pikes Peak, Tenderfoot Hill,

Holiday
Hills, Sharktooth, Arapahoe East, Squaw Pass, Berthoud (sadly), Geneva

Basin,
Hidden Valley, Red Mountain, Ski Dallas, Mesa Lakes, Rimrock, Marble,
Stagecoach, etc., etc.,

All gone? Why? Big bad ski areas squeeze them out of business?

I'd love to see more night skiing in Co - especially club/Masters USSA
racing for older kids and after school training for real kids. I think
smaller areas would be ideal for that. How do skiing families with parents
and kids that race make it work out there? I mean, if I live in say Fort
Collins, that would be hard with the travel and (on the weekends) the
crowds.

Do you strike a deal with your employer to work at night so that you can
train and race during the daytime once or twice a week and then focus on the
kids programs during the weekend?

Thanks TCS.
--
Marty