Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Terje Mathisen[_2_]
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 4th 13, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
UK-bound, puzzled

runcyclexcski wrote:
Hey fellow RSNers,

I just accepted a job offer at a university in the UK
(Leicestershire). I am prepared to rollerski most of the time, but
where would the closest XC...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 29th 13, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Roll your own rollerskis

wrote:
In article ,
dardruba wrote:

Wow, such an interesting response. Thank You. I wish you well in your
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 27th 13, 01:43 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Roll your own rollerskis

wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

I doubt that a couple of meters will be workable. It will be very
long and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 24th 13, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Terje: Why do SkiO's only skate?

wrote:
On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 10:02:47 +0100
Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no" wrote:

There was a paper some years back where they compared Max-O2 for
world cup...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 24th 13, 09:02 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Terje: Why do SkiO's only skate?

wrote:
The technique used in Ski-O is only sort of skating. With the
emphasis so much on smaller trails and technical courses, there isn't
much time spent on wide groomed...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 22nd 13, 01:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Terje: Why do SkiO's only skate?

wrote:
Hi... This one's for Terje.

OK, I'm here of course...

I just looked into Ski-O. It seems they only skate. The online
handbook says that skating off-trail in...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 22nd 13, 08:53 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Wide (High Volume foot) Classic boot recommendation?

wrote:

I am getting a new pair of classic skis.

I have a very wide, high arch foot, and have had a lot of
trouble in the past with boot fitting.

I currently use...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 2nd 13, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Hints for trip to ALps?

gr wrote:
I am taking a trip in March to the Alps (Les Rousses near Jura
Mountain/Valley). Flying into Geneva, then staying in Les Rousses for XC
skiing. This is a first time trip for me, so...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 2nd 13, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 19
Wet Snow

gr wrote:
On 2/1/2013 9:54 AM, Ben Kaufman wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 01:05:24 -0000, "Neil" wrote:

SNIP
By the way what are rock skis?

Wow, you must...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 26th 13, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 19
Wet Snow

Neil wrote:
fish scales?

No, no!

Fish scales were the original attempt to make "waxless" skis, they have
never worked and I still cringe when I hear a tourist coming (very
slowly!) down the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 26th 13, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 19
Wet Snow

Neil wrote:
Wet snow, fluffy or soft, air temperature at or above 32f/0c. What are
the recommendations for wax, both red and blue that include 32f/0c ball
up. It seems to leave only glide wax...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 13th 12, 11:11 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
XC ski hints wanted!

gr wrote:
I had in mind more specific hints such as;
--great products you have found

Blue Extra wax, either Swix or Rode

-ways that work to keeps hands warm

(Heavy) mittens, not gloves!
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 31st 12, 06:32 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
What happened to the Nordic Skiing Newsgroup?

gr wrote:
On 10/29/2012 1:39 PM, Big Hitter wrote:
Last time I was on here this was a pretty decent newsgroup. I know
there was a time when a lot of spam showed up and kind of ruined it. I
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 6th 12, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
dead

outsideinmi wrote:
hey GR and Gene, good to see you here too.

who was the guy from Twin cities that always posted back in the 90's?? Jay?
Tegeder?

Two Jays: Tegeder and Wenner, both from...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 5th 12, 07:20 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
dead

gr wrote:
On 7/4/2012 2:23 PM, outsideinmi wrote:
man, except for Terje this group has died. remember the old days?
or, of
course, maybe its just that its 33C outside and sunny and nobody...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 30th 12, 10:20 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
A taste of Norway!

gr wrote:
On 4/29/2012 5:35 AM, Terje Mathisen wrote:
gr wrote:
A series on Netflix, about a gangster relocated to Norway. Lots of
Norwegian culture info and snow..... pretty darn...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 29th 12, 09:35 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
A taste of Norway!

gr wrote:
A series on Netflix, about a gangster relocated to Norway. Lots of
Norwegian culture info and snow..... pretty darn interesting!

Lillyhammer?

Quite fun actually. :-)

Terje
--
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 18th 12, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4

Ben Kaufman wrote:
On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:02:40 -0500, "Morris
wrote:

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 19:53:13 -0500, Ben Kaufman
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 28th 12, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Norwegian champs 15k skate: Andrew Musgrave in 2nd place, anotherbronze for Alsgaard!

wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 14:26:51 +0100
Terje Mathisen"terje.mathisen at tmsw.no" wrote:

Martin Johnsrud Sundby won by over a minute, Petter Northug was _way_
back, in...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 27th 12, 07:19 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic

wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 14:26:51 +0100
Terje Mathisen"terje.mathisen at tmsw.no" wrote:

Martin Johnsrud Sundby won by over a minute, Petter Northug was _way_
back, in...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 26th 12, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Norwegian champs 15k skate: Andrew Musgrave in 2nd place, anotherbronze for Alsgaard!

Martin Johnsrud Sundby won by over a minute, Petter Northug was _way_
back, in 40th place.

Since Musgrave is British he won't be getting the silver medal though.

This meant that Thomas Alsgaard...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 12th 12, 08:56 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Peter Northug - Tour de ski - Toblach

lolix wrote:
Hi,

I have the feeling that Peter had poorly performing skis that day.

Man, he couldn't draft on Mario (Ok, drafting behind a V2 skier isn't
a *real* gain in no-wind...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 6th 12, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Mass Starts

Jim wrote:
On Jan 3, 3:28 am, Terje Mathisen"terje.mathisen at tmsw.no" wrote:
wrote:
I'm not sure if quiet after some years is agreement. The skiers,
especially those...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 3rd 12, 08:28 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Mass Starts

wrote:
I'm not sure if quiet after some years is agreement. The skiers,
especially those who've been around for awhile, still seem to
appreciate individual start distance...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 25th 11, 07:01 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Live FIS channel?

Brian Pauley wrote:
Hi,

Anyone have a link or idea for an online channel carrying the FIS
nordic races this year?

NRK.NO, but probably limited to .NO ip addresses?
:-(

(You might be able to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100