Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 7th 13, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Classic Roller Skis: Swenor v. Ski-Go v. V2

The V2 910 is probably the slowest wheel around,

That's kind of what worries me about moving away from a V2 roller ski. I'm not at all in phenomenal shape, but have decent technique, and even...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 7th 13, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Classic Roller Skis: Swenor v. Ski-Go v. V2

Gene:

thanks for the suggestion. I really don't know much about Marwe's and the Finn Sisu site doesn't give much info. 800C's look intimidatingly exotic... Any feedback on how the speed...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 7th 13, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Classic Roller Skis: Swenor v. Ski-Go v. V2

Getting a jump on the spring...

I'm intrigued by videos of Ski-Go's classic rollerski that has natural looking "flex" with every kick (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0w-K9jlkAE) Seems like this...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 2nd 09, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Outdoor Glide Waxing

The only waxing setup I have in my current home is outside in a
screened in porch. I just scraped of LF7 and it sort of peeled off,
with sections turning white (air bubbles?) before coming off...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 28th 09, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Whatever Happened to All The "New Skate" Hub-bub??

I was pleased to see an article by Justin Freeman in a recent "Master
Skier" that had a much less dogmatic tone than I've seen in similar
"New Skate" proponents' articles in the past. He recommended...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 28th 09, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Has "C-Shaped" Double Poling Led to Increase In Spine Injuries?

"Excuse me, I meant is this research with the force being directed
downwards, in the direction as in skiing (a chopping or pulling
movement), or with the force upwards?

I checked the sources I was...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 26th 09, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Has "C-Shaped" Double Poling Led to Increase In Spine Injuries?

One aspect of "New Skate" technique I'm completely neutral on his the
"new" way to double pole.

To quote Justin Freeman's article in FasterSkier:

"You initiate the movement with your shoulder and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 24th 09, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Whatever Happened to All The "New Skate" Hub-bub??

Varying terrain to fit the overall situation makes a lot of intuitive
sense.

Can you explain this point of technique (you associate with New
Skate):

heel kick forward. I dunno if that's really...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 24th 09, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Whatever Happened to All The "New Skate" Hub-bub??

*See, for
instance, Dick Taylor's commentaries at fasterskier.com.

Thanks very much--just read the first of his articles and immediately
got that "I'm not alone in the world" feeling. I really...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 23rd 09, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Whatever Happened to All The "New Skate" Hub-bub??

This looks like "new skate" to me (minimal rotation, short crisp
movemens), and this guy got some resultshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duA2q2s2-38

Thanks--that's a great video (and shows me...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 23rd 09, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Whatever Happened to All The "New Skate" Hub-bub??

I'm getting back to skate skiing after a few years off for hip
injuries and surgeries. A quick look at websites and magazines shows
there's not the same level of heated promotion of amazing new...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 3rd 09, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Al Jenks to retire (Windblown)

I just got an email about this that mentions he's received interest
from "a group of ardent skiers from the Boston area
who envision a foundation" Anyone know who that is?

It would be great if it...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 9th 09, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Anyone Still Make Bib Overall?

Thanks for the input.

I actually tried on that Craft piece and didn't like the way it fit
(felt appropriate for someone in a crouched over biking position, but
not for a xc skier.)

I did find a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 7th 09, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Anyone Still Make Bib Overall?

I bib overall always seemed like a comfortable alternative to a racing
suit when training. Toko used to make a nice one, but now their
nordic ski pants are regular pants with suspender, which I...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 6th 08, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Socks for Rollerskiing?

As a follow-up, I did a long ski this past weekend (1' 40") with some
anti-blister socks ("Wright Sock" running socks) and it fixed the
problem. Only other major variable was that it was much cooler...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 30th 08, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Socks for Rollerskiing?

Thanks again for some interesting points.

I've always been confused about whether carbon composite absorbs more
or less shock than other materials. Len at V2 says it absorbs more,
but with poles,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 29th 08, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Socks for Rollerskiing?

I kind of agree with this, my feet are not all that tough and doing 2
hrs roller skis w/o a lot of buildup did not cause any problems, I'm
wondering if your boots are too tight or somesuch?-...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 29th 08, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Socks for Rollerskiing?

I did my first rollerski yesterday (classical) and got my first
massive blisters under my big toe. Any suggestions for solutions
people have found (e.g., some super special sock?)
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 2nd 08, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Anyone try retro classic 3 wheel rollerskis

I've tried them and didn't like them. Too heavy and too stable in a
way (i.e., feels more like a Nordic Trak than actual skiing).

I opted for a V2 9000 series which has an extra long shaft, a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 11th 08, 12:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Heart Rate Monitors and Overtraining

Again, thanks--very helpful comments. A few points this discussion
clarifies is: laying a foundation is key, know what your general
aerobic condition is and accept the limitations that go along...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 10th 08, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Heart Rate Monitors and Overtraining

Thanks for all the thoughtful replies.

I guess this raises the issue of Skiing as Recreation versus Skiing as
Systematic Training.

In the past, I've taken the "natural interval" approach to my...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 9th 08, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Heart Rate Monitors and Overtraining

I struggled with overtraining a lot this past season (recovering from
inactivity due to surgery). My body seemed to have a hair-trigger
sensitivity to the slightest bit of intensity that I would add...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 28th 08, 12:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Exel Suspension Tips?

Shock absorber inside the tip make it easy to adapt to normal poles.

I would have hoped, but I talked to the one guy in the states I could
find who sells them-- "Nordic Skater"--and his...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 23rd 08, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Exel Suspension Tips?

Not sure if this is "new" news, but exel now offers rollerski tips
with some sort of spring inside them for absorbing shock.

Has anyone tried these and care to offer feedback?

Jon
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 21st 08, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Best Cold Weather Kick Wax

I'm returning to skiing after a few years injury-leave and was just
wondering if there is still a consensus that Rhode Special Green is
the best cold weather kick wax? Or, is there a new flourinated...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 28