Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Forum: Alpine Skiing July 1st 18, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Might have made a mistake

On Sunday, July 1, 2018 at 4:26:55 PM UTC-5, Harvard Horvath wrote:

Hrvath,

Glad you're back. It's high time to have a man of your strong character here again.

Jim in Texas

[snip]
Forum: Alpine Skiing May 5th 18, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
On the road again ...

Right now I'm in Clovis NM in a truckstop diner, just west of where US 84 merges into US 60.

This is the same diner where I scored a tumbleweed in the parking lot for a workplace Christmas tree in...
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 11th 16, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
An article about stalkers

This is worth a look. It's work-safe, unless your employer is an anti-Second Amendment Demoncrat.

http://tinyurl.com/hsoosuk

I am sharing this because one of the more vocal contributors here has...
Forum: Alpine Skiing July 26th 16, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 57
Posted By [email protected]
Schattie RESIGNS as CEO of TIXFI! And is replaced by a WOMAN!And surrenders all of his stock shares to her!!

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 2:12:39 PM UTC-5, Eviel Dewar wrote:
On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 8:54:53 PM UTC-4, wrote:

Here's a clue.

Forum: Alpine Skiing October 22nd 15, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 35
Posted By [email protected]
Telluride?

Angelfire is an excellent choice for easy intermediate skiiers. It may be a little flat for some folks, but if it is, Red River is just around the corner and has a few more challenging areas and the...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 13th 15, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Least expensive place to stay in Breckenridge/Silverthorne/Keystonearea?

On Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 11:15:59 PM UTC-6, Richard Henry wrote:

I just stumbled onto this ski history article about Jay Peak.

My late dad was on the college ski team at Marquette U....
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 11th 14, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Warning Scott Barak Abraham

On Monday, March 10, 2014 4:56:38 PM UTC-5, Richard Henry wrote:

I didn't get a home internet (and thus RSA) connection until a few
months after this conversation.

How little did I know!
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 25th 14, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
beginner skiier technique question?? turning

On Tuesday, February 25, 2014 5:07:12 PM UTC-6, VtSkier wrote:
On 2/25/2014 5:52 PM, wrote:

(snip)

But -- I am one of the very, very few people on this group...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 25th 14, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
beginner skiier technique question?? turning

On Tuesday, February 25, 2014 4:30:43 PM UTC-6, downhill wrote:

I chased you you ski very well, most would have an impossible time to
keep up with you if you pushed it.

There's a fix for...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 21st 14, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Greek Peak

On Friday, February 21, 2014 5:30:06 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Fri, 21 Feb 2014 17:05:38 -0500, downhill

wrote this crap:

I bought flourinated ...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 14th 14, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
snow

On Thursday, February 13, 2014 10:19:11 AM UTC-6, downhill wrote:

We are getting blasted here on the east coast.
Trails that I have never seen open at Tuxedo are.
But willing to bet that this...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 11th 14, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
Colorado in April?

On Tuesday, February 11, 2014 1:56:36 PM UTC-6, pigo wrote:
On Tuesday, February 11, 2014 8:21:29 AM UTC-7, Walt wrote:

Despite the opinions of some here that black runs must remain...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 11th 14, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Helmets on snow?

On Monday, February 10, 2014 4:36:43 PM UTC-6, Toller wrote:

So, what do you think?

I think I'd use the old American Motorcyclist Association meme about helmets -- if a helmet costs $200, is...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 8th 14, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
Colorado in April?

On Saturday, February 8, 2014 11:09:43 AM UTC-6, lal_truckee wrote:
On 2/7/14 4:40 PM, Toller wrote:

long groomed blacks

Chuckle.

Well, one time I was at Taos, they DID groom Longhorn...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 2nd 13, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 50
Posted By [email protected]
A suitable end to Thanksgiving weekend

On Monday, December 2, 2013 10:33:40 AM UTC-6, Dave Stallard wrote:

Are you saying that convicted felons, once they're out of prison, don't have a
need and a right and indeed a duty to protect...
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) November 8th 08, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
OT -- election results

Hi

As a few of you here know, this year I ran for US Congress in District
21, Texas, as a Libertarian.

With 99.86% of the precincts reporting, I got 60,711 votes, or 20%.
To put that into a...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 5th 08, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
Yow! I am nearly elected!

As a few of you here know, this year I ran for US Congress in District
21, Texas, as a Libertarian.

With 99.86% of the precincts reporting, I got 60,711 votes, or 20%.
To put that into a different...
Forum: Alpine Skiing May 14th 08, 11:12 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
crash

On May 2, 8:58*am, Walt wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
On May 1, 3:26 pm, lal_truckee wrote:
Forum: Alpine Skiing April 16th 08, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Open question

Huh.

And I thought you were talking about Scott carrying his concealed and
undeclared large-bore revolver to that Whistler invasion. Oh well,
the statute of limitations has probably expired, and if...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 26th 08, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Would you like to play a game?

Type your name into google and click "I'm Feeling Lucky."

See what comes up.
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 25th 08, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 280
Posted By [email protected]
Get a Load of This - Schattie says he's been on PBS like AndrewMcLean

On Mar 23, 8:38*pm, twobuddha wrote:

Been interviewed for a couple documentaries. *I was down at the local
PBS affiliate a couple months ago for the premier.
Vinnie, I...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 7th 07, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
More dissenting information - read if you dare.

On Dec 6, 9:50 am, Richard Henry wrote:

Al Gore is not the issue.

Hey, Mr. George "Weenie-washer" Bush has a plan to combat global
warming. A PLAN for your life!!

See,...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 22nd 07, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Ullr said "Let there be snow"

On Nov 12, 8:04 pm, lal_truckee wrote:
Ullr said "Let there be snow"
And there was snow.

And the Snow was formless and drifted on the aether.

And that evening Ullr...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 22nd 07, 04:47 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Bumpersticker seen today

On Nov 21, 9:20 pm, Let Mikey Ski It!
wrote:
Best sticker I have seen recently:

"Keep Boulder Weird"

Mike...
(in Breck, ready for first turns of...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 22nd 07, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Happy Thanksgiving all!

No snow here, but it's the coldest day we've seen in Texas for
months. But I can dream ... I wonder if waxing my 15-year-old Volants
would help.

Jim in Texas
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25