SkiBanter

-   European Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Season opener (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=22373)

Ace[_4_] October 2nd 10 06:44 AM

Season opener

Just about to get out there for the first day of the Engelberg season.
Just 50cm of snow on the glacier, with three runs open. Should be fun
though, doing some video work for the local independent ski school.

--
Ace
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk/

Paul S October 2nd 10 01:14 PM

Season opener

"Ace" wrote in message
Just about to get out there for the first day of the Engelberg season.
Just 50cm of snow on the glacier, with three runs open. Should be fun
though, doing some video work for the local independent ski school.

Don't be so cruel, I've only just started back at the gym for my solitary
week in Feb!

--
Paul S

Ace[_4_] October 2nd 10 01:24 PM

Season opener

On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 14:14:32 +0100, "Paul S"
news_AT_ghweb_DOT_me_DOT_uk wrote:

"Ace" wrote in message
.. .
Just about to get out there for the first day of the Engelberg season.
Just 50cm of snow on the glacier, with three runs open. Should be fun
though, doing some video work for the local independent ski school.

Don't be so cruel, I've only just started back at the gym for my solitary
week in Feb!

Poor you.

Snow was really good, having had a few falls high up over the last
week or so, and the sun was out as forecast. Videoing didn't happen,
as the ski school head who wanted us to be his demo class had to bow
out with a cold, but we bumped into some neighbours and enjoyed a
great first day.