SkiBanter

-   Snowboarding (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Burton step-in boots with strap-in bindings? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=239)

P M September 25th 03 01:08 PM

Burton step-in boots with strap-in bindings?

Hi, I have a pair of Burton Step-in boots, and was wondering if I
could simply take off the support ratchet across the top of the boots
and use strap-in bindings instead?

The issue I guess would be whether the SI boots are designed with less
padding on the top of the foot, and whether this amount of padding
would be enough with step-in's.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Phil

Matti September 25th 03 05:01 PM

Burton step-in boots with strap-in bindings?

Don't know about Burton boots, but I had a problem on a week's holiday
abroad when my K2 boot sole fastening clip screws broke and could not use my
step-in bindings for the rest of the week. So I rented a board with strap-in
bindings. Worked so-and-so, but I had to tighten the straps so tight that by
the end of the day my feet were a bit hurting.
I would suggest that you try and rent a board with strap-in bindings ans
wear your Burtons boots, by 6.p.m. you'll know.
Matti

"P M" kirjoitti viestissä
m...

Mike T September 25th 03 05:46 PM

Burton step-in boots with strap-in bindings?

Hi, I have a pair of Burton Step-in boots, and was wondering if I
could simply take off the support ratchet across the top of the boots
and use strap-in bindings instead?

I can't remember what the Burton step-in mechanism looks like - as long
as it doesn't get hung up when you put your foot in the strap binding it
should be OK.

The issue I guess would be whether the SI boots are designed with less
padding on the top of the foot, and whether this amount of padding
would be enough with step-in's.

I wouldn't guess that this would be an issue but if it is you can always
add some padding yourself - just duck-tape a little extra padding to the
top of your boots.

Mike T