SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   A taste of Norway! (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=27190)

gr[_2_] April 28th 12 05:01 AM

A taste of Norway!

A series on Netflix, about a gangster relocated to Norway. Lots of
Norwegian culture info and snow..... pretty darn interesting!

Terje Mathisen[_2_] April 29th 12 09:35 AM

A taste of Norway!

gr wrote:
A series on Netflix, about a gangster relocated to Norway. Lots of
Norwegian culture info and snow..... pretty darn interesting!

Lillyhammer?

Quite fun actually. :-)

Terje
- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no

gr[_4_] April 30th 12 01:51 AM

A taste of Norway!

On 4/29/2012 5:35 AM, Terje Mathisen wrote:
gr wrote:
A series on Netflix, about a gangster relocated to Norway. Lots of
Norwegian culture info and snow..... pretty darn interesting!

Lillyhammer?

Quite fun actually. :-)

Terje

Yes, Lillyhammer.... I forgot to mention the name. Seems like the
culture shown is pretty realistic.... is that true? (excluding the
gangster bits)

Terje Mathisen[_2_] April 30th 12 10:20 AM

A taste of Norway!

gr wrote:
A series on Netflix, about a gangster relocated to Norway. Lots of
Norwegian culture info and snow..... pretty darn interesting!

Lillyhammer?

Quite fun actually. :-)

Terje

Yes, Lillyhammer.... I forgot to mention the name. Seems like the
culture shown is pretty realistic.... is that true? (excluding the
gangster bits)

Us usual, all the characters are somewhat exaggerated, but yes, there's
lots of stuff you'll recognize.

Terje
PS. The main reason for the title, misspelling Lillehammer as
Lillyhammer, is the mispronunciation by the Olympic chairman when he
originally announced that Lillehammer would host the 94 games:

He clearly stated that "the decision is Lillyhammer!". :-)
- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no

danial65 October 4th 12 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terje Mathisen[_2_] (Post 168804)

- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no

Norway seems like a good place and best for ski.
I prefer to go on such type of places on vacations and would like to spend time in such superb places.

gold coast reception venues

Gary Jacobson[_2_] October 12th 12 04:07 AM

A taste of Norway!

Wasn't there a woman in Norway that was found whose name was Lilly Hammer?

I guess I'm still around :)

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY
WLM 1823

[email protected] October 12th 12 05:47 AM

A taste of Norway!

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 21:07:40 -0700 (PDT)
Gary Jacobson wrote:

I guess I'm still around :)

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY
WLM 1823

And still in the same place. How's your health?

Gene

Gary Jacobson[_2_] October 23rd 12 10:59 AM

A taste of Norway!

Gary Jacobson wrote:

I guess I'm still around :)

Gary Jacobson

Rosendale, NY

WLM 1823

And still in the same place. How's your health?

Gene

Well...
I am no longer skiing in a serious way. Have knee surgery in a couple of days.
Have taken up fixed seat rowing to keep active and enjoy nature.
Have a fantasy of skiing and roller skiing again. Before that happens I'll have to figure out how to adequately address massive joint inflammation.
BTW- Skiing along the ocean at Acadia National Park and Cobscook State State Park are always a highlight of the winter.
Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY
and
Roque Bluffs, ME