SkiBanter

-   European Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Season pass for multiple resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=1387)

Alan van Wyk November 25th 03 02:35 PM

Season pass for multiple resorts

Does anyone know if there are any groups of resorts that share a
season lift pass.
In general, I go on about 3 to 4 ski trips around Europe, to different
resorts and always end up buying 1 week passes for each of the reosrts
at a cost of about £120 a pop.
It therefore works out just about the same as buying a season pass for
one resort.
i am looking for a pass that will allow me to travel to different
resorts each time and thus allow me to pop over the odd weekend etc.

Apparently the Chamski one allows you to spend a few days on a few
different resorts, but I am not sure!

Thanks for any help you guys might post!

Alan van Wyk

Simon Brown November 25th 03 02:41 PM

Season pass for multiple resorts

Yes,

Flims-Laax-Falera and Davos/Klosters, there's a pass for the whole of
Graubunden and I think a pass for the whole of Switzerland (there was once).

http://www.alpenarena.ch/pages/bergb.../preise_03.asp

As far as I know most areas of Switzerland have these sort of passes.
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

m...

Ian Spare November 25th 03 03:08 PM

Season pass for multiple resorts

On 25 Nov 2003 07:35:44 -0800, (Alan van Wyk)
wrote:

Does anyone know if there are any groups of resorts that share a
season lift pass.
In general, I go on about 3 to 4 ski trips around Europe, to different
resorts and always end up buying 1 week passes for each of the reosrts
at a cost of about £120 a pop.
It therefore works out just about the same as buying a season pass for
one resort.
i am looking for a pass that will allow me to travel to different
resorts each time and thus allow me to pop over the odd weekend etc.

Apparently the Chamski one allows you to spend a few days on a few
different resorts, but I am not sure!

Most of the season passes in the Haute Savoie allow a few days in
other HS stations, but it's only three days.

The MT Blanc season pass used to be a reasonable buy, but I don't know
what it costs now. I do know you get a Massif season for 325euro with
the three days elsewhere and, after Jan 1 there's a St
Gervais/Megeve/Les Contamines pass which is cheap also with three
days.

There some Swiss deals of which I know little :-)

Ian

Steve Haigh November 25th 03 03:57 PM

Alan van Wyk wrote:

Does anyone know if there are any groups of resorts that share a
season lift pass.
In general, I go on about 3 to 4 ski trips around Europe, to different
resorts and always end up buying 1 week passes for each of the reosrts
at a cost of about £120 a pop.
It therefore works out just about the same as buying a season pass for
one resort.
i am looking for a pass that will allow me to travel to different
resorts each time and thus allow me to pop over the odd weekend etc.

Apparently the Chamski one allows you to spend a few days on a few
different resorts, but I am not sure!

Thanks for any help you guys might post!

Alan van Wyk

Many years ago (94/95) I had a Mont Blanc season pass which gave full
cover for everything in Chamonix from Le Tour down to Les Houches
[including a stingy allowance for the top stage of Les Grands Montets
like 1 ticket or something like that], plus Les Contamines and I *think*
St Gervais. It also had 1 day per week in Courmayeur [but you couldn't
save them up, it was 1 day in any week beginning on Saturday IIRC], it
had 3 days in Verbier and something in other areas too, I'm guessing now
but I think it was 3 days in Flaine.

St Anton covers Sonnenkopf (never skied there though) and Lech/Zurs.

You don't say where you are popping over from, but if it is northern
Europe then the Porte du Soleil might be a good bet - lots of resorts on
the main pass and it may even cover something like Flaine for a day or
3??? Worth a look if the Cham option does not tempt you.

Johannes November 25th 03 04:00 PM

wrote:

Does anyone know if there are any groups of resorts that share a
season lift pass.
In general, I go on about 3 to 4 ski trips around Europe, to different
resorts and always end up buying 1 week passes for each of the reosrts
at a cost of about £120 a pop.
It therefore works out just about the same as buying a season pass for
one resort.
i am looking for a pass that will allow me to travel to different
resorts each time and thus allow me to pop over the odd weekend etc.

Apparently the Chamski one allows you to spend a few days on a few
different resorts, but I am not sure!

Unter Valis
(Verbier, Crans Montana, Val d'anniviers)
http://www.valais-skicard.ch/ (in french)
they use a point system.

Graubünden Card
(Arosa, Davos, Laax, Lenzerheide, Sedrun, Savognin, St. Moritz, Scuol)
http://www.graubuenden.ch/grcard/default.html (german)

Season pass and Top Card from Gstaad

Alpes Vaudoises(Villar + Lesin?) max 6days, Adelboden/Frutigen/Lenk
(Daycards for 10.- instead 51Sfr), Oberengadin(St Moriz),
Kitzbühel/Tirol, Ordino Arcalis+ Pal Arinsal (Andorra)

http://www.skigstaad.ch/php/winter/index-9-2-de.php?s= (german)

SNOWPASS for CENTRAL SWITZERLAND
Andermatt , Airolo, Melchsee-Frutt, Sörenberg, Sedrun,
Meiringen-Hasliberg, Engelberg

http://www.titlis.ch/index.taf?id=00...li_ic=&cli_ec=

A combination from Valais-Skicard and Gstaad Season Pass is a good
opinion or only the Graubünden Card

Johannes

Guillaume Kerrien November 25th 03 08:03 PM

Season pass for multiple resorts

Serre-Chevalier season pass allows a few days in neighborhood resorts
(Montgenèvre, les 2 Alpes, Alpe d'Huez).

Michael Chare November 25th 03 08:42 PM

Season pass for multiple resorts

Does anyone know if there are any groups of resorts that share a
season lift pass.

There certainly used to be a Ski pass for the Dolomites which included places
such as Selva, Cortina and Corvara.

So you could hava a week at each resort.

Michael Chare