SkiBanter

-   Snowboarding (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Snow Conditions in March (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=1004)

Rei March 27th 04 02:26 PM

Snow Conditions in March

What exactly is meant whan a resort reports the snow surface as Spring
Conditions?

Terry Morse March 27th 04 04:08 PM

Snow Conditions in March

Rei wrote:

What exactly is meant whan a resort reports the snow surface as Spring
Conditions?

Typically firm in the morning, slushy in the afternoon. If you're
lucky, some corn snow in between.

Randd01 March 27th 04 07:52 PM

Snow Conditions in March

mash potato riding!

The Real Bev March 27th 04 11:12 PM

Snow Conditions in March

Terry Morse wrote:

Rei wrote:

What exactly is meant whan a resort reports the snow surface as Spring
Conditions?

Typically firm in the morning, slushy in the afternoon. If you're
lucky, some corn snow in between.

Too bad if you spent those three minutes riding the lift :-( Around
here, that window happens around 10:00 am.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Don't sweat it -- it's not real life. It's only ones and zeroes."

Mary Malmros March 28th 04 12:28 AM

Snow Conditions in March

The Real Bev writes:

Terry Morse wrote:

Rei wrote:

What exactly is meant whan a resort reports the snow surface as Spring
Conditions?

Typically firm in the morning, slushy in the afternoon. If you're
lucky, some corn snow in between.

Too bad if you spent those three minutes riding the lift :-( Around
here, that window happens around 10:00 am.

Yeah...if you're well-informed and you can time it right, spring
skiing can be a euphoric experience. You gotta know what the
snowpack is like, when the sun hits that particular hill, etc.
Spring is when Eastern LoudPowder turns into wonderful little
ball-bearings for a time, and then into heavyweight mashed
potatoes. It's all in the timing.

--
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::
Mary Malmros

Banana March 28th 04 05:30 PM

Snow Conditions in March

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 09:26:29 -0600, "Rei"
wrote:

What exactly is meant whan a resort reports the snow surface as Spring
Conditions?

sunny not too cold, possibly slush lower mtn...

Tiburon27 March 28th 04 10:34 PM

Snow Conditions in March

I called my local hill on friday and asked what the conditions were like.
"Spring conditions", they said.
"Are there any bare spots on the hill?" I asked.
"Oh yeah, a bunch, we may not be open tomorow"
So you have to really pump for information when someone says "spring
conditions"