SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Newbie Birkie Training Schedule (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=29501)

[email protected] December 18th 18 06:00 PM

Newbie Birkie Training Schedule

On Friday, December 8, 2000 at 10:22:30 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Thanks for the helpful hints and encouraging responses, folks. XC
skiing seems a great way to keep in shape in the winter and the Birkie
looks like an enjoyable event.

The resources look very good also.

Hal Higdon's article in Fall 2000 issue of "Chicago Amateur Athlete"
recommends "classic style" for runners who cross-country ski (i.e. it
uses similar muscle groups to running). Regardless of what style I end
up using, I'll be sure to start out with lessons.

thanks again!

bill milbratz
chicago IL usa

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Did you end up finding a program to follow to train for the Birkie? I see this was posted 18 years ago! : ) I am also a marathon runner who has followed Hal Higdon's plans and am a newbie looking for a Birkie training schedule. My training has gone pretty well so far, but I don't think the schedule I am using has me skiing enough distance. I've added more, but would like to find the balance of doing enough and not overtraining.

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Laura

[email protected] December 18th 18 06:01 PM

On Tuesday, December 18, 2018 at 12:00:38 PM UTC-6, wrote:
[...]

p.s. I will be participating in the classic 55K