SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Best Web Sites for Snow Reports in Alps, Dolomites (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=14373)

Peer December 5th 06 04:41 PM

Best Web Sites for Snow Reports in Alps, Dolomites

What are some suggestions?

I'll be in Munich next week and have two weeks before the Christmas
crush to ski. Downhill and cross-country both. www.bergfex.at seems
OK for Austria but given that I can go almost anywhere within 6 hours of
Munich, I'd like to have some sites that cover a broad swath of central
Europe and are updated continually.

Any suggestions?

dardruba December 5th 06 10:26 PM

Peer wrote:
What are some suggestions?

I'll be in Munich next week and have two weeks before the Christmas
crush to ski. Downhill and cross-country both. www.bergfex.at seems
OK for Austria but given that I can go almost anywhere within 6 hours of
Munich, I'd like to have some sites that cover a broad swath of central
Europe and are updated continually.

Any suggestions?

Try these for starters
Snow reports for Austria - Currently zilch !!
http://www.onthesnow.com/AT-AT/skireport.html

http://www.qwikcast.com/cgi-bin/browse.cgi?cc=DE

http://www.weather.com/ search Germany

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...?query=Germany

dardruba December 5th 06 10:33 PM

Peer wrote:
What are some suggestions?

I'll be in Munich next week and have two weeks before the Christmas
crush to ski. Downhill and cross-country both. www.bergfex.at seems
OK for Austria but given that I can go almost anywhere within 6 hours of
Munich, I'd like to have some sites that cover a broad swath of central
Europe and are updated continually.

Any suggestions?

News
On 12 December the Biathlon has been switched to Hochfilzen AT from Czech Rep. to that'll be an area to watch.

Peer December 6th 06 05:11 AM

Best Web Sites for Snow Reports in Alps, Dolomites

So far I have the following sites:

http://www.bergfex.com/

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/rep...ew/default.asp

http://www.snow-forecast.com/

Any others? Commentary on accuracy or any other helpful hints?

Thanks!

Peer

Dan Epstein December 6th 06 05:29 AM

Best Web Sites for Snow Reports in Alps, Dolomites

for France, this is a good site:

http://www.ski-nordic-france.com/

Ken Roberts December 6th 06 09:55 PM

Best Web Sites for Snow Reports in Alps, Dolomites

Dan Epstein wrote
for France, this is a good site:
http://www.ski-nordic-france.com/

Yes, that's what I usually check -- another URL for it is:
http://www.nordique-france.com
For XC ski centers associated with lift-served downhill resorts another
place to look is:
www.skiinfo.fr

Warning: Especially at this time of year, check the _date_ of the snow
report carefully. Some of the reports showing snow or open trails are
actually from last March or April.

Ken

dardruba December 9th 06 04:11 PM

Best Web Sites for Snow Reports in Alps, Dolomites

News
On 12 December the Biathlon has been switched to Hochfilzen AT from
Czech Rep. to that'll be an area to watch.

I neglected to say the Biathlon guys are there at present.
On Friday it was warm, a white ribbon thru a green meadow, and the racers were removing thermal vests.
Today, Saturday, its cold and the solid fresh snowfall is causing whiteout problems on the shooting range.