SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Away for a few days... (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=18943)

Alan Baker June 16th 09 10:30 PM

Away for a few days...

....for the funeral of my father.

To those who are friends -- sort of: thanks for any good thoughts you
have.

To those who are not friends -- sort of: thanks for any good thoughts
you have.

And may none of you lose a loved one so unexpectedly.

Alan

Dave Lee June 16th 09 10:43 PM

Away for a few days...

"Alan Baker" wrote in message
...for the funeral of my father.

To those who are friends -- sort of: thanks for any good thoughts you
have.

To those who are not friends -- sort of: thanks for any good thoughts
you have.

And may none of you lose a loved one so unexpectedly.

Alan

Alan, so sorry to hear this. I know how hard it is to lose your father when
you know it is coming. It has to be 10 times harder when it is unexpected.
My thoughts/prayers are with you and your family.

dave

dugjustdug June 16th 09 10:53 PM

Away for a few days...

On Jun 16, 3:30*pm, Alan Baker wrote:
...for the funeral of my father.

Geez, Alan, I'm very sorry to hear of this. Please accept my
condolences for you and your family, too. Drop a line when you get
time and/or feel like it, 'kay?

Doug

newellsatwsu June 16th 09 11:02 PM

Away for a few days...

On Jun 16, 3:30*pm, Alan Baker wrote:
...for the funeral of my father.

To those who are friends -- sort of: thanks for any good thoughts you
have.

To those who are not friends -- sort of: thanks for any good thoughts
you have.

And may none of you lose a loved one so unexpectedly.

Very sorry to hear of your loss...give my best to the Cuz also.

Fa-groon June 16th 09 11:05 PM

Away for a few days...

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 15:30:27 -0700, Alan Baker wrote
(in article ):

...for the funeral of my father.

To those who are friends -- sort of: thanks for any good thoughts you
have.

To those who are not friends -- sort of: thanks for any good thoughts
you have.

And may none of you lose a loved one so unexpectedly.

Alan

Sorry to hear of your loss, Alan. I lost both my parents about 18 months
apart a few years ago, so I know what you're going through. Come back to us
when you are feeling better about things. Shalom for now.

zara June 16th 09 11:11 PM

Away for a few days...

"Alan Baker" wrote in message
...for the funeral of my father.

To those who are friends -- sort of: thanks for any good thoughts you
have.

To those who are not friends -- sort of: thanks for any good thoughts
you have.

And may none of you lose a loved one so unexpectedly.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Alan June 16th 09 11:12 PM

Away for a few days...

"Alan Baker" wrote in message
| ...for the funeral of my father.
|
| To those who are friends -- sort of: thanks for any good thoughts you
| have.
|
| To those who are not friends -- sort of: thanks for any good thoughts
| you have.
|
| And may none of you lose a loved one so unexpectedly.
|
| Alan

Sorry to hear about that Alan.

Howard Brazee June 16th 09 11:19 PM

Away for a few days...

wrote:

And may none of you lose a loved one so unexpectedly.

Or wait for one we expect to lose. It's tough either way. You have
my sympathy.

- James Madison

VtSkier[_3_] June 16th 09 11:50 PM

Away for a few days...

Alan Baker wrote:
...for the funeral of my father.

To those who are friends -- sort of: thanks for any good thoughts you
have.

To those who are not friends -- sort of: thanks for any good thoughts
you have.

And may none of you lose a loved one so unexpectedly.

Alan

I did. A very long time ago. It still hasn't healed.
I sincerely hope your loss will heal. It's a bummer
in any case.