SkiBanter

-   Snowboarding (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Good grief! He's a snowboarder (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=977)

AstroPax March 20th 04 04:53 AM

Good grief! He's a snowboarder

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 00:25:20 -0500, "Mike" obrien2577@comcastDOTnet
wrote:

Anyone driving faster than you is a maniac.
Anyone driving slower than you is an a--hole.

That's correct, because I'm usually driving approximately the same
prudent speed as the other 9/10 drivers on the road, which means those
1/10 excessively "faster" and "slower" drivers are way out of norm,
thus they are in fact maniacs and "a--holes" because they are
screwing-up the traffic flow !

-Astro

---
maximum exposure f/2.8
http://www.xmission.com/~hound/astro/03-04/index.htm
---

pigo March 20th 04 02:13 PM

Good grief! He's a snowboarder

"AstroPax" wrote in message

Unlike Kerry, Bush did not disrespect the uniform and fellow vets by
tossing awards and decs into the dirt, and hanging out at anti-war
rallies with Hanoi Jane.

Not only that, but he represented them as his own when they were actually
given to him by someone else.

klaus March 20th 04 03:05 PM

In rec.skiing.alpine pigo wrote:
Not only that, but he represented them as his own when they were actually
given to him by someone else.

I've seen that referenced on some far right chat sites but never in
the press.. Source? Or is this another, "I heard".

If no source... run along... You're not credible.

-klaus

scottabe March 20th 04 03:15 PM

Good grief! He's a snowboarder

in article , pigo at
wrote on 3/20/04 7:13 AM:

"AstroPax" wrote in message

Unlike Kerry, Bush did not disrespect the uniform and fellow vets by
tossing awards and decs into the dirt, and hanging out at anti-war
rallies with Hanoi Jane.

Not only that, but he represented them as his own when they were actually
given to him by someone else.

No surprise that Assholepax and Bob Thompson both love to tear down an
honorable man like John Kerry. Considering both of them are gutless lying
cowards.

pigo March 20th 04 03:15 PM

"klaus" wrote in message
In rec.skiing.alpine pigo wrote:
Not only that, but he represented them as his own when they were

actually
given to him by someone else.

I've seen that referenced on some far right chat sites but never in
the press.. Source? Or is this another, "I heard".

If no source... run along... You're not credible.

I'd bet you $100 but knowing you wouldn't hold up your end that would be
fruitless.
I *have* seen it in the press. I can only surmise that you would say that
it's not proof, that you would need to talk to the guy that gave him the
medals, then you could say that he's lying. You believe what you like. It's
fine with me. Much the same as I don't ski with your approval in mind, I
don't discuss current events and leave out my life experiences so as not to
upset you.

klaus March 20th 04 03:56 PM

Good grief! He's a snowboarder

In rec.skiing.alpine pigo wrote:

"klaus" wrote in message

I'm American. U.S. Citizen. This is exactly the attitude that makes
you look so.... NASCAR.

You were born here?

Does that make a difference other than running for president?

There are "American Citzens" that have been arrested for attending Al Queda
training camps too.

American born American citizens.

The point?

Dunno. I thought your were trying to make one. But I think you made mine.

NASCAR? My stereotype for you would be a combo pack. Ryan Seacrest/Richard
Simmond/Jane Fonda seems to fit right now.

I have no idea who Ryan Seacrest is or Richard Simmond. As for Jane
Fonda, what quality(ies) exactly it is that we share? Maybe then I can
address them and again show you you to be wrong. You seem to think
just because you are extremist, that everyone must be. And again, you
are wrong. As extremists always are.

The difference between us is that I don't pretend that there are not reasons
for stereotypes in one instance and then use them against others when the
mood suits me.

You know what I pretend, too? Example of where I've said that or
implied that please?.. or is ot just more .. uhhhmm.. BS. and
projection.

Would you like to get back to discussing Kerry vs. Bush now? Or just
make broad personal insults?

-klaus

klaus March 20th 04 04:06 PM

"klaus" wrote in message

I've seen that referenced on some far right chat sites but never in
the press.. Source? Or is this another, "I heard".

If no source... run along... You're not credible.

I'd bet you $100 but knowing you wouldn't hold up your end that would be
fruitless.

WTF? I asked for a source... Guess you don't have one. You brought it
up.. I've searched because I want to know the truth. And I haven;t
found it. That makes me doubtful. Having you use one of your "I've
heard.." make me more doubtful... Why would I pay you $100 to reveal
the source when it was you trying to make the point? Weird way to try
and make money. If you want the point to stand, you gotta back it
up... If you can't, your word and grasp of credibility are suspect.

I *have* seen it in the press. I can only surmise that you would say that
it's not proof, that you would need to talk to the guy that gave him the
medals, then you could say that he's lying.

Show me a national or international news organization that has a
reasonable reputation and we'll go from there.. that's the way
rational discussions work if you're trying to have any credibility in
your stand. Otherwise, it's just a rumor. But if you don't have
one... you don't have one. And your little tidbit stands on what merit
it has. You. That isn't convincing for me.

You believe what you like.

And you.

It's fine with me. Much the same as I don't ski with your approval
in mind, I don't discuss current events and leave out my life
experiences so as not to upset you.

You lost me.

-klaus

Scottabe March 20th 04 05:20 PM

AstroPax wrote in message . ..
Unlike Kerry, Bush did not disrespect the uniform and fellow vets by
tossing awards and decs into the dirt, and hanging out at anti-war
rallies with Hanoi Jane.
-Astro

Come on Astro, that pic of Kerry and Jane was discredited long ago.
Just someone with a little photoshop experience. How about looking at
the real issues to make your decision instead of being blindly lead by
the press. Neither of the candidates war records have anything to do
with what's going on in the world today.

AstroPax March 20th 04 05:23 PM

Good grief! He's a snowboarder

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 16:05:06 +0000 (UTC), klaus
wrote:

In rec.skiing.alpine pigo wrote:
Not only that, but he represented them as his own when they were actually
given to him by someone else.

I've seen that referenced on some far right chat sites but never in
the press.. Source? Or is this another, "I heard".

If no source... run along... You're not credible.

Test question.

Which one of the following are *less* credible?

http://www.splendoroftruth.com/curtj...ves/004496.php

http://washingtontimes.com/national/...5623-9539r.htm

-Astro

AstroPax March 20th 04 05:24 PM

Good grief! He's a snowboarder

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 04:53:40 +0000 (UTC), klaus
wrote:

Source?

http://www.tnr.com/etc.mhtml?pid=1261

-Astro