SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Other Ski Related Forums? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=7850)

[email protected] January 26th 05 05:05 PM

Other Ski Related Forums?

Can anyone recommend other skiing related forums out there that are
pretty active?

RSA is ok but I don't like how the messages are passed so slowly to
various newsgroup servers around the world.

Thx.

The Real Bev January 26th 05 10:22 PM

wrote:

Can anyone recommend other skiing related forums out there that are
pretty active?

RSA is ok but I don't like how the messages are passed so slowly to
various newsgroup servers around the world.

Huh? When I look they seem to be passed at something near the speed of
light. Google has a certain amount of delay not experienced by real
newsfeeds, which might be what you're talking about. A good FREE
newsfeed is available for signup at
http://news.individual.net, with
which you can use a REAL newsreader.

There's also rec.skiing.alpine.moderated. Fewer posts, better S/N.

--
Cheers,
Bev