SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   NNN vs NNN II bindings (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=7860)

Howard January 26th 05 11:09 PM

NNN vs NNN II bindings

I have a set of skis and boots with NNN II bindings. My feet have
grown, so I went to the local ski shop for the next size boot. They had
never heard of NNN II, and tried to sell me boots marked NNN. The boots
seemed to fit in the ski bindings.

So, I'm confused. Should I use the NNN boots with my NNN II bindings?
Whats the difference between NNN and NNN II?

Howard

The Martins January 27th 05 05:28 AM

Howard wrote:
I have a set of skis and boots with NNN II bindings. My feet have
grown, so I went to the local ski shop for the next size boot. They had
never heard of NNN II, and tried to sell me boots marked NNN. The boots
seemed to fit in the ski bindings.

So, I'm confused. Should I use the NNN boots with my NNN II bindings?
Whats the difference between NNN and NNN II?

Howard

The NNN2 binding and boot setup has the metal bar on the boot tucked
about 10mm back from the from of the boot sole, the NNN1 boot has the
bar right at the front edge of the sole. You can use NNN2 boots on a
NNN1 binding with a special rubber flexer installed but you can't use a
NNN1 boot in the NNN2 or NNN3 binding.

Terje Henriksen January 27th 05 08:39 AM

"The Martins" skrev i melding

The NNN2 binding and boot setup has the metal bar on the boot tucked
about 10mm back from the from of the boot sole, the NNN1 boot has the
bar right at the front edge of the sole. You can use NNN2 boots on a
NNN1 binding with a special rubber flexer installed but you can't use a
NNN1 boot in the NNN2 or NNN3 binding.

I do.

--
Terje Henriksen
Kirkenes

Tim Akers January 27th 05 07:00 PM

The manufacturers have dropped the 2 from the designation.
NNN-2 is now just NNN
So if you saw a NEW boot marked NNN in the store, it will fit NNN-2
and R3 bindings and NNN automatic step-in type bindings, or any NNN
binding made in the past 14 years or so (except NNN-BC which is
another story).

Tim

Mark March 1st 05 12:40 PM

Terje Henriksen wrote:
"The Martins" skrev i melding

The NNN2 binding and boot setup has the metal bar on the boot tucked
about 10mm back from the from of the boot sole, the NNN1 boot has the
bar right at the front edge of the sole. You can use NNN2 boots on a
NNN1 binding with a special rubber flexer installed but you can't use a
NNN1 boot in the NNN2 or NNN3 binding.

I do.

This interests me. I also have considered NNN boots onto new NNN2
bindings. Do you have any trouble with the heel being perched higher, or
have you "modded" it ? I mean by cutting two grooves (with a hot knife
or whatever) in the heel part of the boot ?

Terje Henriksen March 6th 05 06:36 PM

Mark wrote:
Terje Henriksen wrote:
"The Martins" skrev i melding

The NNN2 binding and boot setup has the metal bar on the boot tucked
about 10mm back from the from of the boot sole, the NNN1 boot has
the bar right at the front edge of the sole. You can use NNN2
boots on a NNN1 binding with a special rubber flexer installed but
you can't use a NNN1 boot in the NNN2 or NNN3 binding.

I do.

This interests me. I also have considered NNN boots onto new NNN2
bindings. Do you have any trouble with the heel being perched higher,
or have you "modded" it ? I mean by cutting two grooves (with a hot
knife or whatever) in the heel part of the boot ?

No, I used them as they were.

--
Terje Henriksen
Kirkenes

prheath January 25th 13 08:38 PM

Hi. My bindings don't fit my skis properly. I was told I need elastimers for an NNN2 binding. Does anyone know where I might buy these?

prheath January 25th 13 08:40 PM

Actually, I meant my bindings don't work with my BOOTS properly. I bought the boots from a ski shop owner, too, and he assured me they'd work with my skis, but the metal bar is too high and it's hard to get it clicked into my skis, so I have to leave my boots on the skis permanently. Makes it interesting, if I fall while skiing. :-/

Quote:

Originally Posted by prheath (Post 172304)