SkiBanter

-   European Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   conditions Tarentaise (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=1476)

Ian Spare December 19th 03 07:25 AM

conditions Tarentaise

On 18 Dec 2003 15:18:33 -0800, (Darren Atter)
wrote:

Season passholders are still banned from skiing Les Arcs for the time being.

Banned - is this a common occurance?

I've never heard of it in the other areas I've had season passes. In
fact, I've got to say I think it's outrageous. I rather think we
should do the reverse more often. So, unless you do have season pass
you can only ski between 10:30-14:30 and the rest of the time it's
ought to be for season pass holders only :-)

Ian

PG December 19th 03 08:38 AM

conditions Tarentaise

"Ian Spare" wrote in message
| On 18 Dec 2003 15:18:33 -0800, (Darren Atter)
| wrote:
|
| Season passholders are still banned from skiing Les Arcs for the
time being.

| Banned - is this a common occurance?
|
| I've never heard of it in the other areas I've had season passes. In
| fact, I've got to say I think it's outrageous. I rather think we
| should do the reverse more often. So, unless you do have season pass
| you can only ski between 10:30-14:30 and the rest of the time it's
| ought to be for season pass holders only :-)

It has happened before, the logic is inescapable - there were hardly any
runs open at the time in Les Arcs, tourists about to arrive in droves,
paying as much for a 10 day pass as it costs a local resident for a
whole season..... the lift company panicked, and it's well known that
lift companies are laws unto themselves. Just try complaining.....

Pete

C.O.Jones December 21st 03 03:52 PM

conditions Tarentaise

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:33:04 +0100, David Off
wrote:

You might be, the 10 day US military forecast for the European Theatre
is for snow from the 19th-24th/Dec in the 3vs, non-stop. :-)

Is there a publically accessible source for this forecast?

e.

Ian Spare December 30th 03 03:06 PM

conditions Tarentaise

John Wilcock wrote:
On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 16:52:48 GMT, C.O.Jones wrote:

You might be, the 10 day US military forecast for the European Theatre
is for snow from the 19th-24th/Dec in the 3vs, non-stop. :-)

Is there a publically accessible source for this forecast?

The only one I know of is
http://ows.public.sembach.af.mil/wxcharts/wxcharts.htm

John.

Are they not also broadcast on the American Armed forces network ? I'm
pretty sure you can pick them up in Germany at least. There may well be
a internet audio stream as well.